Monday, January 20, 2014

iPsy January 2014 - First one!

Hello all :) Like I've said, I decided to cancel my TopBox subscription (however, I guess I didn't cancel in time because I still got the January box, which I will post about next...) and have moved onto iPsy!

I got an email to skip the line (I forget what it was... something to do with Facebook though) and so I got my iPsy bag this month!

Onto the items...

cute bag it came in!

here are all the items in one picture

Nourish Organic - Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion Argan + Rosewater
0.5 oz - value: $6.47

I haven't used it on my face yet but I did test it out on my dry hands. The smell is very faint and I like that the product is organic. The lotion is definitely a lightweight and I liked the way it made my hand feel after putting it on. I'm hoping it'll be the same on my face because it's been so dry lately!

Healthy Sexy Hair - Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner 
1.7 fl oz - value: $3.59

I've also not used this yet but I will later tonight when I shower. I'm super excited about this because I've always wanted to use a leave-in conditioner for my hair, but I never know which ones to try! The smell (straight from the bottle) smells pleasant and there is a lot in this bottle so I hope I get good uses out of it!

Willa - On The Go - Gentle Cleansing Lavender Face Towelettes
10 wipes - value: $4.50

I also haven't used this yet (it's only been a week since I got these items!!) but I LOVE using face wipes. Call me lazy but when I come home from work, I think it's such a hassle to grab cotton pads and soak it in make-up remover/cleanser/toner etc when I can just open a package and grab a wipe lol. With that said, I think these wipes are not make-up removing wipes, but just face cleansing wipes. I wonder how well they will remove make-up? I love the scent of lavender, especially before sleep because it has a calming effect on the body. I can't wait to start using these.


Elizabeth Mott - Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Penny
0.02 oz - value: $7.13

I really really like this!! The colour is a nice bronzey-rose-gold! I used this to line my bottom waterline as well as the inner corners of my eye one day and it lasted all day. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be used as an eye shadow or liner, but I've used it as a liner :) The staying power is seriously amazing and does NOT smudge. I also really like how easily the colour transferred and how pigmented it is. I would definitely buy it when I'm done. The only problem is that I think the packaging is plastic so... I'm not sure how to sharpen it?Can I only use it until I finish the tip?



Mica - Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural
2.5 g- value: $18.75

DAMN! This is a pricey lip balm! I typically don't like lip balms in jars because they are more unsanitary than tubes. For a lip balm, I did not find this moisturizing at all. Although the colour looks like a more brownish colour in the picture, it is more of a dusty pink. I really like the colour on me. The only thing I dislike is that it freakin' stained my finger... lol my fingertip is a deep pink/purple right now. if only the sample came with a brush like the full size does ;) I will probably use this but over my Burt's Bees lip balm. I also took a picture of the bottom of container... does that look cracked to you or is that just the packaging? I think I would consider other Mica products but not this lip balm in particular because it's not really a lip balm to me, I do like the colour and how pigmented it is!

Total value of iPsy glam bag: $40.44

I'm really enjoying the things I've gotten so far from iPsy so I can't wait to see what my future bags will have for me!!

What did you get this month?









No comments:

Post a Comment