Friday, November 15, 2013

Top Box Nov 2013

This month felt longer since they sent out the boxes later :P haha

so from the last box... I've used the StriVectin-TL but not religiously but it does seem to tighten my skin a little bit. The Stila sample had no colour to it... it basically blended into my skin and didn't offer much coverage :( Didn't even use that body bling crap lol and I've been using the Benefit cream and I really like it.

Now onto this month... I got the Givenchy Prive box :) I was excited since I saw other blog posts of the regular Nov box and wasn't impressed with that one.


To be honest, I forgot what was supposed to be in this box so I wasn't super excited at first. I didn't really care for the male sample. Anyways.. here's what I got this month.

Le Rouge Lipstick. (Sample size: 1.5 g; FS: 3.4 g for $38) The shade I got was 103 Brun Createur. It's a nice dusty rose colour! I really like the colour and the pay-off looks amazing. It has a matte finish and smells really good too. The packaging does not look cheap at all! I'm very happy with this lipstick.

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette. (Sample size: 5 ml; FS: 50 ml for$80 or 75 ml for $92). I really like this scent! It's a nice floral fragrant that isn't too sweet. The packaging is also really cute because it looks like a mini bottle!

Noir Couture Mascara. (Sample size: 4g; FS: 8 g for $35). I'm excited to try this out because it's the one that has the 3 balls on the wand! It's a 4-in-1 mascara which means it thickens, lengthens, curls and conditions. The packaging is similar to the lip stick where it isn't just a plastic tube like other samples I've had (I'm looking at you Estee Lauder and Shiseido!) It really gives it a fancy feel.

Gentlemen Only Eau de Toilette. (Sample size: in some shitty pouch lol; FS: 50 ml for $67 or 100 ml for $88). I obviously can't smell it because it's in that "pouch" kind of packaging. I'll probably give it to my BF.

Kinda sucks that my 4th "sample" was so small but I guess I knew that when I picked it, I just forgot.

I am happy with the Top Box I received this month, however, all of the items do say "Not For Sale" which means that I could probably go to a counter and get it for free. This just doesn't sit well with me.
I may just stay with Top Box for one more month after this (so for the month of Dec) and then switch to the iPsy bag because their subscribers seem to always get really good quality items. On top of that, there are a ton of videos on how to use things in the iPsy bags which would be really helpful for me.

What did you get in this month's box?

1 comment:

  1. Omg - the Givenchy box is sooo much better than the regular one! I'm with you, thinking I will switch to ipsy after December. The fact that these are all samples we can get for free is bothering me. I know I probably wouldn't schlep around to all the different counters to pick them up, but I just don't feel that $13 is worth it, when obviously Topbox is just getting boxes of the same stuff they ship to Shoppers, the Bay, Sears, etc...

    Here's my review of the regular box:

    http://rebekkahmay.blogspot.ca/2013/11/topbox-november-2013-review.html

    ReplyDelete