Thursday, October 3, 2013

Top Box Oct 2013

Yay! It's time for October :) I honestly never realize how fast time is going until I get my next Top box!

I'll do a quick little review on last Topbox. I didn't use the Lise Watier shadows yet because I like to save those for a good day! LOL I might use them for work this weekend. The mascara isn't volumizing enough for me :( I think it's because it's a more wet formula. For my Asian lashes that like to point downwards, I need something more dry. Hopefully once it dries out a bit (seeing as it is a newer mascara) it'll be amazing! I like the perfume but I don't exactly have a habit of wearing perfume daily so I haven't really worn it out yet. I haven't used the keratase oil yet simply because I don't have time for it but hopefully I will get to it soon!

Anyways onto this month...

So in October we received the 4 items. It came in a Murale box. I don't recall them advertising they were going to do a "special" box. I think these are items that you can purchase there.

First item is the StriVectin-TL 360 Tightening Eye Serum. (Sample size: 7mL; FS: 29 mL for $69.00) I think this is quite a nice size for a sample!! I don't use eye creams a lot but this one has quite a pleasant smell and a nice thick texture. Feeling my hand where I had applied it, it definitely feels a lot smoother. It's very evident because I'm feeling it up compared to where I put the Benefit moisturizer (more on that later ;) ) and I can tell that it's very smooth. I can't wait to use this daily and nightly! Unfortunately since it's a sample size it doesn't come as a roller but rather as a pointed tip but oh well!  I like this a lot more than the jar ones (like the Lancome Genefique) which is a little bit unsanitary!

Next we were given the Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm. (Sample size: 5 mL; FS: 38 mL for $50) I feel like I may only get 2 or 3 uses out of this, but I'm not 100% sure yet because I'm also not sure what it's for. lol I thought it would be like a BB cream (like the missha ones) but it only comes in one colour. This is kind of weird for me because I've tried out a bunch of BB creams but of course there are different colours... I tried it out on my hand and the colour seems to work for my skin tone! That portion of my skin isn't as smooth as the StriVectin one but it's pretty good! Coverage is pretty even. I think I'll try it out tomorrow for work!

Third we have the Scott Barnes Body Bling Original. (Sample size: 30 mL; FS: 118 mL for $42) This is a moisturizing shimmering body lotion. I'm going to be completely honest right now. I hate receiving these "tanning" type products. The reason being that I don't even know where to put it without it looking weird,you know? For example, if I put it on my arm, would it look weird because only my arms would be shimmery and have a darker tone to them??  So weird... anyhow, I did put it on my arm and it's quite shimmery. It was very easy to blend into my skin however it just doesn't wow me. I'm not sure if I'll use it when I go out. I might just use it just to play around with... Pretty disappointed that I got this :(

Finally, the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream. (Sample size: 8.9 grams; FS: 48 grams for $42) The pricing for the full size is pretty much on par with some of the higher end moisturizers. I'm excited to try this out. It smells DIVINE. I wish I could remember which perfume it smells like but when I was in JHS/HS I would get 2 perfumes a year... so that's at least 12 different ones so I can't remember which one it smells like. Anyways, it seems like a really good moisturizer and has really good reviews on both Makeup Alley and Sephora! I'm excited to use it. It is a little thicker than I'm used to for a day cream. It does absorb super quickly which is always a plus. I can't wait to use it and I love that it smells good!!


I realize this is probably not the best format for a blog post but ... I just like to blurb out my thoughts =P

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - there are so many different Topboxes this month! I think you got one of the better ones.

    Here's my review of mine:

    http://rebekkahmay.blogspot.ca/2013/10/october-2013-crap-fest-topbox-review.html

    ReplyDelete