Thursday, June 20, 2013

DAY 3: YEG TO LAX

Hello all!!

Day 3 today :)

Today we went to Universal Studios! :) I didn't really want to go but I'm glad I did. It was definitely a lot of fun. We went to get the annual pass at Costco so I also got a churro hehehe


$1.00


The signage


took a pic with them minions.


LOL!! so cute. there were also smaller ones for the 3 blind mice but I didn't get it in the shot.


First show was the special effects! super cool to see it all unfold.


picture with Homer ;) hahaha


Had this for lunch. soo good. but maybe because I was hungry.


half rack and chicken with corn bread, coleslaw and potatoes.


Another show we watche was water worlds. Defs unexpected show AND super cool fire and stunts!!


NOMS I love this stuff.

We went on a Studio Tour which brought us to many places but not all my pictures were that great. Got to see the outside of studios and see the houses where they filmed the Desperate Housewives as well as other movies and my fave Parenthood <3 We also got to experience the largest 3D show which was really cool and scary hahaha. We also went into this cave that simulated things in movies I guess? omg I got pretty wet when that area "flash flooded" hahahaha I screamed fearing my camera would be damaged.


I posted this up because it's neat. the guide told us that the windows higher up are shorter because when they film if they need the building to be higher they can just use the computer to "stretch" it out to make the building seem taller!

Cars from the Fast and Furious franchise!


wreckage from the set of War of the Worlds. Pretty cray. It's a real plane that apparently cost 26, 000 or 260 000 to ship. LOL I forget the exact amount but yeah!! they had to slice it up into 4 pieces and have it shipped.


this is a blue screen similar to the green screen. this has shot many awesome films and basically there's a dip in front of it where the directors can fill it with many things. Mostly with water but apparently it needs to be cold because if it's warm it's picked up as a "warm body" PROPS TO YA ACTORS/ACTRESSES!!


got a pic with Marilyn ;)


went to Krusty land hahaha it was fun. it was one of those interactive rides where you sit and it "moves" you with it.

After we watched the Animal show where they show animals they have trained.


a cute fox in training!


the dog from The Proposal!! haha so cute.


so this boy volunteered to do something. and I forget where this dog is from. does someone remember? but... the reason I posted a pic of him is because...


these two dogs were going to compete with one another. so basically (one at a time) they jump over the kid who is hunched over like leaps frog and then they weave through the poles (visible in this picture) and then go through a chute, back over the boy and then ring the bell. The back one did great. The tan one, not so great. first he went under the boy. didn't even weave the poles then he proceeded went through the chute..... but the biggest thing is instead of going over the boy (or even under for that matter) he actually peed using the boy as a post.. HAHAHAHAH I'm not sure if the boy got much on him cause he didn't even notice until the host pointed it out. it was pretty funny.


DIPPING DOTSSSS. 

short story time!

 when they first came out 4 years ago? or something I had the cookies and cream and thought it was DISGUSTING. so after that I never ate it again. We have stores that opened in my city but I didn't ever get them. Today at the Universal Studios SO many people had them I was like K it must have SOMETHING that's making everyone get it. so this time I got a chocolate one with some banana split ones put on top. and holy shit. DA BOMB DIGGITY. :headspin: I'm seriously going to be eating it all the time now.... :rofl:

**OTHER PLACE WE WENT TO THAT I HAVE NO PICS OF: we also watched the Shrek 4D show which is also an interactive ride but not as intense as Krustyland LOL 

After we went to eat dinner with my mom's friends BF(?)








so yummy!! eheh we didn't even finish. in total we each had our own soup and rice and fish thing. then we shared the galbi and the sides (which are free refill). pretty good!!

After we went to his house to sing karaoke. no pics of that.


hehe can't wait for tomorrow!! we are heading to Huntington Library :)

No comments:

Post a Comment