Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 12


Hello! Day 12 now. Currently sitting in a hotel on top of a mountain or hill or something like that and with no wifi. Tomorrow I'll be headed for Kuala Lumpur so hopefully I will have wifi then!!! I should ... right? LOL

The breakfast buffet today was AWESOME. The place was beautiful.

My first round of pickings had roti with chicken curry, a half a slice of waffle with some blueberry (or strawberry LOL I'm not sure) syrup & maple syrup, a small mound of sticky rice, a small piece of brie, a mini crossaint and a cinnamon roll. The roti was SO dense :( LOL it was pretty sad. The waffle was AWESOME. The sticky rice underwhelming. I ate the brie after the waffle so it paled in comparison so I didn't eat the rest of it. The crossaint was delicious & I took a bite of the roll and decided it was too dense so I didn't finish it.

Round 2 = CURRY LAKSA. FOR BREAKFAST. LOL It was so yummy! I picked the rice noodles and they put in half an egg, some bean sprouts, tofu, fish cakes and shrimp. I didn't like the fish cake (as I don't really like fish anything other than the full fish). The rest was so good though. Kerry I think it's giving your dad's laksa a run for it's money!! LOL


Next a group of us decided to go up and look at the pool, just to take pics. It was so beautiful up there too. I also took a panoramic shot.



We went and looked at some buildings. Unfortunately I have no idea what they were. I think they were government buildings.

Here's a tour group pic! :)


This is a panoramic shot of the lower area (closer to the water)



No day is complete without some ice cream! I got cookies & cream and my parents got durian!! LOL it tasted so good..... I actually regret getting my cookies & cream instead of durian :( 



We ate lunch at Da Dao Dong restaurant (yes I'm just pinyin-ing the restaurant names).

Soup – chicken feet & dong gua soup



braised pork leg(?) - they chopped it up in front of us. Or rather cut it up with scissors :P


sweet & sour fish – of course I didn't like this as it was fish.. LOL.



ofu – didn't eat it. (we've come to a conclusion that sweet & sour as well as tofu and eggs are quite a staple)


veggies – didn't eat it for once mostly because of the next dish



chicken with potatos – SO GOOD. I don't know if I can even explain the taste. I guess something similar to a beef stew. I ate a lot of this!


Fish – I didn't like the taste of this one. It kinda reminded me of Chinese herbal medicine


Finally! We went on these gondolas to go up to the mountain top to Genting!

We were in cart 71 :P


See the clouds? That's how far up we are!


This is our hotel. I almost burst out laughing seeing this. What a ridiculous colouring and such for a hotel....


Another thing that made me burst out laughing? The fact that the hotel is ironically named “Hotel First World” because there is absolutely nothing first world about this room. Perhaps it is called this because you'll experience first world problems coming here! :P

I'll put up pics when I get them off my dad's camera.

In this area we were in, it reminded me of WEM but a LOT flashier and smaller. Had a bunch of stores and stuff and our hotel was connected to it. It had a theater in there and clothing stores, some souveniour shops, massage places and tons of restaurants. I ended up buying 4 face masks for 10 RM ($3.33 CAD), some Biore black nose strips (package of 10) for 12.90 RM ($4.30 CAD) and a Maybelline eyeliner for 21.51 RM ($7.17). It's the Maybelline hyper sharp liquid eyeliner. I first laid eyes on it in Singapore in Watson but it cost $15 CAD (after I did my conversion) and that was way too much! On our 2nd day in Singapore, I saw at another place it cost $10 CAD which was still quite pricey. I was very tempted to buy it but I'm glad I didn't because now I got it even cheaper! I can only pray I won't find it cheaper at home :P

We had a buffet dinner. It had a huge display of desserts, as well as fruits. 

The selection for food was vast! My first plate had lamb with papaya salsa & lime chili sauce. I really liked it! But it had a little too much fat on it for me. I also had some pineapple fried rice which was super dry, and some roti canai with curry chicken. The curry wasn't great but roti was okay. The juice was a peach mango which was divine. 

Second plate I got some spaghetti noodles with a Neopolitan sauce, some vermicelli noodles and papadom with some sort of sauce.. LOL I'm not sure what it was but this selection was great! I cleared the plate ;) 

For dessert I ate some mangosteen (of course!) and I picked up a chocolate covered profiterole, a vanilla cupcake with strawberry whipped cream as well as a chocolate mousse. I was most fond of the chocolate mousse. I rarely like them because they tend to be too rich or sweet but this one was spot on. The profiterole cream wasn't creamy enough and the cupcake was just too sweet!


We were supposed to watch a show tonight but the seats already sold out so we were unable to. Anyways that is all for today :)

It is time for some rest and relaxation !

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment